Thursday, January 15, 2009

my turn

16 things about me, as inspired from brene brown at ordinary courage:

1. i have a crossed eye and used to wear big red glasses all through grade school.
2. you can find me on facebook randomly throughout the day
3. i love lilies (preferably star-gazer) and big, old oak trees. and the smell of gardenias, and my kids after a bath. yum.
4. i want to live in a smaller city one day, either by the mountains or the water
5. i love to sing (and unfortunately don't do it well. mason tells me to stop)
6. when my sisters and i get together we are known to frequently quote old movies and laugh, a lot. apparently we do this extremely loudly
7. i love my children, and they make me insane. i want another child. i really want a girl, but will be grateful for another cutie-patootie boy
8. i love to smoke menthol cigarettes, i know this is not conducive to this "healthy lifestyle" i've been carrying on about
9. i like having shindigs, any excuse to use a fancy serving dish. well, any serving dish.
10. i have a tattoo on my stomach, and used to have a belly ring
11. i like to read PI mystery novels
12. i won declamation in 5th grade for reciting a poem called "Hugs" - i believe said poem came off of a bookmark, or greeting card. (my sister won for JFK's inaugural address - take that over achiever!!)
13. i like to surf fish
14. commercials make me tear up
15. i am EXTREMELY hard on myself
16. i read the twilight series in 4 days, and then re-read them a week later.

1 comment:

Kara said...

When I smoked I LOVED menthols!