Monday, March 24, 2008

grandpa steve

i think one of my favorite parts of the trip was the last night we were there. my dad passed away almost nine years ago now, he was cremated and wanted to be put into the ocean. needless to say we have never gotten it together as a family to spread his ashes, but this trip my sisters & mom agreed to let me do it on my own. my boys & i went to the beach at sunset and put him into the water. it was a great experience, the water was so still and glassy. maybe now the fish will be plentiful off of the beach, he loved to fish. my dad lived his whole life pretty much on the gulf, its fitting that he be laid to rest there. afterward we took a nice walk on the beach and watched clams dig themselves back into the sand. we talked about how masons granpa steve was with god in heaven, mason asked if he was gods son. my child blows me away.

No comments: