Saturday, February 9, 2008

motherhood

so they said it was going to be hard, they lied - its VERY hard. for me lately, anyway.
i find myself feeling powerless, incompetent, frustrated, sad, angry and afraid. afraid i am doing everything wrong and am going to do something to permanently screw up my child. i think my self doubt is coming from the fact that my 3 year old, well, is acting 3.
(oh, also my lack of faith)
he's been having some behavioral problems at school and testing testing testing at home. our mantra is consistency, consistency, consistency. but its hard to be a parent to a 3 year old when you, yourself, want to throw tantrums when you don't get your way.
argh, i've got a lot of growing up to do.
i don't think i will ever know why i have been blessed with two perfect little boys, but i have a clue for the moment. it truly is a lesson in the fact that my life is no longer about myself or my own comfort. it is about them, and i love them for this opportunity.
thats enough from the looney-bin.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hang in there! You're the best mother I know, and I know you're doing great with the boys.

Unknown said...

Oh, KB, I don't think anyone knows how hard it is until they get there, and when you get there, you always feel like you're not doing it good enough. I don't have any advice, and I won't tell you it gets easier. Jacob & Seth are 7 & 5 now and while the challenges are definitely different then they were when they were tiny - I wouldn't call them easier. All I can tell you is that you're not alone... and 3 is MUCH harder than 2, and Seth was MUCH easier than Jacob. I'll pray that Stephen'll go easier on you - how's that? ;)

Love,
Alicia